Custom Watercolor Map
How to submit your custom map
Creating your map with Google Maps
While there are different ways to submit your map, I find the easiest site to use is Google Maps. You'll need a Google account to use this feature.
- Go to https://mapsengine.google.com/map. Create a new map. You can click on the map title to change its name.
- Type the address of your destination into the search bar and hit Enter. The Maps creator will add a green marker to your map.
- Click the green marker. On the pop-up window for the marker, click the "Add to map" link and add a title. The destination will now show up in the list on the left of your screen.
- If your map will include multiple destinations, you can repeat the process to add more markers.
- Once you're done, click on "Share" in the upper right-hand corner. Under "Who has access," change it to "Anyone with the link."
- Copy and paste the share URL into your order information.
Customize your map designYou can customize your map in order to build the design that best matches your needs. Pick your colors, fonts, design, and extra elements as needed and include the information with your order.
Customize colors and fontsRead through my available custom colors and fonts for wedding invitations. If you want to match an existing invitation, you can contact me to find out about submitting the design.
Choose your detailed locationsDetailed locations are the places where you want a completely customized painting of the building or area.
Choose your iconsYou'll want to choose the type of icon you want to represent the need-to-know spots on your map, such as parking or the airport.
How it works
- Place your order.
- You'll receive an email from me confirming your order and requesting all your map details.
- Once I have all the details, I'll create a pencil sketch so we can confirm the look and layout of your map.
- After the sketch is approved, I'll start painting! Depending on how intricate your map is, it may take up to two weeks to have a completed painted map for you to review.
- You'll have the opportunity to make small changes to the map proof.
- Once it's approved, you'll either receive your digital file or your map will go to the printer for production!
About this product
This product is categorized as: Custom Event Art, Custom Maps, directions, father's day gift idea, grad gift idea, holiday gift ideas, map, map painting, mother's day gift idea, painted map, watercolor map, wedding map, .